This 2 Ingredient Lemon Bar recipe seriously couldn’t be any easier. It’s only two ingredients to make this sweet, lemony, delicious dessert that’s light and perfect for any easy weeknight (or weekend!) dessert.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
2 Ingredient Lemon Bar Recipe
We all have super busy schedules but being tight on time doesn’t mean we don’t have time to make some delicious desserts.
This recipe is absolutely perfect for busy people who have JUST enough time to whip up two ingredients for the dessert bars and get it in the oven.
I love this recipe because it’s inexpensive to make, it’s literally two ingredients, and takes less than 5 minutes to prep.
Plus, it’s just plain delicious 🙂
- Angel Food Cake Mix (MUST be the one step cake mix – only add water)
- Lemon Pie Filling
- Powdered sugar. (optional)
Eazy Tip: Remember, salt, pepper, garlic, oil, sugar, and water don’t factor into the ingredient count because most people have those pantry items in their kitchen.
What Do These Lemon Bars Taste Like?
Well, you’d think these easy lemon bars would be super sweet, given the cake mix and the lemon creme pie filling, but surprisingly, they aren’t!
They’re light, lemony, and the texture is a cross between a denser angel food cake and a gooey pecan pie. It’s the best way I can describe it, but I can also say they are DELICIOUS! Especially being made with only two ingredients.
What’s the Best Way to Make These Dessert Bars?
Basically, it’s three directions, my friend!
- Grab yourself a baking dish that’s 9 x 13. Grease it up.
- Add your two ingredients together and mix.
- Transfer to the baking dish and put in the preheated oven, and bake!
You’ll find the complete and detailed directions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
A Few Ways to Make these Bars Even Better
This is the beauty of this 2 Ingredient Lemon Bar recipe. With just a few changes, you can make these lemon bars even more scrumptious.
- When serving, add some vanilla whipped cream (or regular whipped cream)!
- Try adding some lemon zest to the batter, as well as a few tablespoons of lemon juice to REALLY amp up those citrus flavors.
- You could try topping off the bars with fresh raspberries for a lemon-raspberry combo that would be absolutely fantastic.
- Serve the bars with a small scoop of blueberry ice cream – YUM!
These two-ingredient lemon bars will stay great for up to 4-5 days. Keep them in an air-tight container with a lid. If you want to layer the bars on top of each other, it’s a good idea to use some parchment paper in between the layers so they don’t stick together while in the container.
Thanks for checking out the recipes here at EazyGrub! If you’ve tried this recipe already, please leave a comment and a star rating below! Have an awesome day!
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix (Must be the one step angel food cake mix where you only add water).
- 1 can Lemon creme pie filling
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Spray (or grease) a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix and the lemon cream together until well combined.
- Transfer to the baking dish, and bake for 30-35 minutes until set in the middle or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Cut into 24 bars and sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional). Enjoy!