If you’re a fan of Tiktok, chances are you’ve seen a play on this Tiktok Cinnamon Rolls Recipe. The end point of this recipe is that entire cinnamon roll tastes exactly like the very inside, soft, moist and sweet part that everyone loves about cinnamon buns.
Easy and ohh so dangerously delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s to love about these easy cinnamon rolls?
- Well, first and foremost, the recipe is only two ingredients. There are other things you can add that are optional, but this base recipe makes them yummier than normal!
- Just like my Two Ingredient Lemon Bars, the way you make them is so simple that you can easily involve the little ones in the assembly. The recipe is a great memory maker!
- You can have them from the fridge to the table in less than an hour.
Groceries you will need
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls, 8 rolls in a can, with the included icing.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Chopped Pecans **Optional
How to make this Cinnamon Bun Recipe
So technically, you’re not ‘making’ the rolls, but you’re baking them in a way that makes them even more delectable.
Remember to look below at the ways you can make these rolls even MORE mind blowingly delicious!
- Preheat the oven and spray a 9 x 7 baking pan.
- Crack open the tube of rolls, separate the rolls from eachother and put the icing aside for now.
- Place each roll into the baking pan, equally spacing them out from eachother.
- Take the cream and pour it into the pan.
- With a fork, lift each roll over once, and then back up the way you had it, so the heavy cream coats each roll.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in the oven 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and take off the foil.
- Let the rolls cool and then heat the icing (without the metal lid) in the microwave for 5 seconds.
- Drizzle overtop the rolls.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired.
Suggestions for putting a Twist on the Recipe
There are some great ways to make these sweet rolls even more goey, soft and delicious.
- Mix together a stick of melted butter and a cup of brown sugar. Spoon this mixture evenly over the top of each roll, then pour in the cream for SUPER gooey cinnamon rolls.
- Switch up the nuts by using walnuts instead of pecans.
- Try leaving the nuts out all together and add plumped up raisins instead. Simply soak a cup of raisins in boiling water for 15 minutes then drain and sprinkle over the buns before baking.
- Use sweetened dried cranberries for a holiday twist!
- Adding some chocolate chips sprinkled on top would be delicious. Try adding them as soon as the rolls come out of the oven. Sprinkle the chips and place the foil back on top for 10 minutes, then smear the melted chocolate over top the buns with the with a knife.
- You could add a bit more cinnamon and some nutmeg to the butter/sugar mixture to really re-enforce that delicious cinnamon roll flavor.
- If you prefer more icing, grab a can of prepared frosting and spread that over the rolls when they’ve cooled.
Ways to Serve these Rolls
Personally, just as is, is perfect! But, if you want to go a bit extra, heat the cinnamon rolls up and spread a tiny bit of butter onto the buns.
Or, a smear or two of homemade apple butter or peach butter would be absolutely delicious. Both those fruit butters would pair beautifully with cinnamon flavors.
Coffee, tea or hot chocolate to drink at the same time is ideal, and offering some fresh fruit salad would be perfect.
EAZY FYI: These easy to make cinnamon rolls are perfect for breakfast on a lazy weekend, or wrap them up and take them on the go. Pile them on a pretty plate and serve them as part of a brunch collection!
Storing Leftovers (if there are any!)
They’ll stay nice on the counter top for a day or two, but I really advise to keep them refrigerated for the freshest flavors.
The MOST IMPORTANT hint here is to keep them well covered in an air tight container. If left out, not covered, the ends of the buns will get firmer and lose that soft, delicate texture.
Questions You Might Have
You can try purchasing a can of ready made frosting to spread over top the buns. Regular vanilla buttercream would be great or some whipped cream cheese frosting would be scrumptious!
You could also try making your own simple powdered sugar glaze to drizzle over the buns if you wanted.
Yes. You’ll want to use a bigger baking dish (like a 9 x 13) to accomodate the size of the rolls.
Have you tried these viral tiktok cinnamon rolls recipe? If so, please leave a ***STAR RATING*** in the recipe card and I’d love to hear how you served them in the comments below!
- 1 tube Pilsbury Cinnamon Rolls with the Icing (8 count) ** see notes
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- OPTIONAL: chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a greased (or sprayed) 9 x 7 baking dish, lay out the entire tube of cinnamon rolls.
- Carefully pour the cream into the baking dish trying to cover all the rolls.
- After the cream has settled into the dish, with a fork, simply turn over each roll so that the cream covers the roll entirely.
- COVER WITH FOIL and bake for 40 - 45 minutes. *see notes
- Remove from the oven, take off the foil and let cool slightly.
- Remove the metal lid from the icing container and place in the microwave for 5 seconds. *see notes
- Drizzle the icing over the rolls and sprinkle with pecans if you're using. *see notes
1. It's important that the baking dish is covered with foil while in the oven. The moisture helps with keeping the rolls soft.
2. Be VERY CAREFUL when handling the icing in the container. It gets hot in no time! All we want is a drizzling consistency. Alternatively, you can spread the icing on with a knife and skip the microwave part.
3. So if you want to drizzle the icing right after the rolls come from the oven, this is fine. The rolls will be hot and will heat the icing and make it run a bit. You can get better distrubution of the icing if you let the rolls cool till just warm, and the icing will stay where you drizzle it.
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 34mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 3g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.