2 Ingredient Roasted Boursin Tomato Soup
2 Ingredient Roasted Boursin Tomato Soup is a rich and velvety soup that has hints of fresh herbs, cheese, and fire-roasted tomatoes.
This Boursin cheese and tomato soup is ideal for lunch or even dinner when served with a side, and makes the perfect excuse to use some of summer’s fresh tomato harvest!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s so Lovely about this 2 Ingredient Creamy Tomato Soup
- It literally takes only 2 ingredients to get it on the table.
- It can come together in less than 30 minutes which is great for those who want a quick but wholesome meal.
- This recipe is easy for a newbie in the kitchen, or for the seasoned cook who just wants something simple but incredibly delicious.
- Tomatoes – Fresh is best for this recipe. My ideal choice would be cherry or cocktail tomatoes, you can use what you have on hand. If you’re wanting to buy tomatoes specifically for this recipe, this Tomato Guide is perfect for helping you choose.
- Boursin cheese – Boursin cheese is a brand-name flavored Gournay cheese (not sponsored). Crumbly yet creamy, it’s similar to cream cheese in those rich delicious creamy cheese flavors. They have a large variety of flavor combinations, but if you have problems finding that specific brand, look below as I will give you other alternatives to go with for this herbed tomato soup recipe.
- Fresh Thyme (optional) – I added the fresh thyme because I had it on hand and I love the flavor but it’s totally optional. If you don’t have fresh thyme on hand, you can use dried, or you can leave it out completely if you wish.
- Salt & Pepper
- Boiling water (optional)
Eazy Tip: Remember, salt, pepper, garlic, oil, and water don’t factor into the ingredient count because most people have those pantry items in their kitchen.
How to Make Baked Boursin Soup Recipe
This dish is so easy to make, it’s really kind of crazy!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a baking dish, place all the cleaned tomatoes (no green tops or vines please!). Cut the tomatoes into bite-size pieces if they are too large.
- Remove the cheese from the foil container and place it in the center of all the tomatoes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the tops of the tomatoes and cheese with oil.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes have wilted and have some caramelized color on top and the cheese is golden and melty looking.
- Remove from the oven and mix together. Use an immersion blender right in the baking dish to make the mixture smoother, into a soup consistency. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use your blender CAREFULLY. (look in the recipe card for instructions.)
Look for the printable recipe card below for all the specific directions to make this cheesy pasta dish perfect.
What flavor of Boursin should I use?
I used the Fine Garlic and Herbs flavor of Boursin. They have other flavors that you might prefer more, such as their Basil and Chive, Cracked Black Pepper, or Caramelized Onion & Herbs. Any of those choices would pair very well with the tomatoes in this dish.
I can’t find Boursin Cheese. What else can I use?
My suggestion would be to use regular cream cheese. Before you make the soup, bring the cheese to room temperature and add ingredients to the dish before you bake it. You could add things like:
- Minced fresh garlic
- Minced chives
- Minced parsley
- extra salt and cracked black pepper.
How to Switch Up this Creamy Boursin Tomato Soup Recipe
- Not blending the ingredients after roasting very much will give a thicker consistency, so almost making it a sauce. You could easily boil up your favorite pasta and serve the creamy cheese and tomato sauce over top.
- Add in some steamed broccoli florets that have been diced small to add extra flavor, nutrition, and volume to the soup.
- For extra protein, add cooked and cubed chicken breast to the dish as it goes into the oven.
What Do I Serve this Tomato Soup With?
The classic pairing would be a Grilled Cheese and Ham Sandwich but simple crusty toasted bread or crackers would do just fine.
To echo the herb notes in the soup, serving a dressed salad with croutons would be tasty, as would a pasta or potato salad on the side.
If there are leftovers, I’d store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I don’t recommend freezing this soup as the texture might be a little funny when it thaws.
2 Ingredient Boursin and Tomato Soup
Creamy, herb-infused, and delicious, 2 Ingredient Roasted Boursin Tomato Soup is easy to make and packed full of fresh summer tomato flavor.
- 1 round block of Herb and Garlic Boursin cheese.
- 2 heaping cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- As desired, salt, pepper and fresh thyme
- Hot water (optional)
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a baking dish (8x8 or 9x9), remove the cheese from the foil container and place it in the center of the baking dish.
- Surround the cheese with the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle the surface of everything with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the cheese and tomatoes in the oven for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes have wilted, gained a bit of color, and the cheese has a golden top and appears to have softened.
- Remove the pan from the oven and mix all the ingredients together.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients right in the baking dish, to a smooth consistency. If the consistency is too thick, add boiled water to thin it out a little.
- Carefully pour into serving bowls and garnish with parsley or other fresh herbs.
- Serve with some crusty bread and enjoy!
If you don't have an immersiion blender, you can use your blender, but very carefully. Remove the center plastic cap from the blender lid to let hot steam escape.
Then, using a clean tea towel, cover the lid loosely with the towel and begin to blend at a low speed to begin with. When most of the chunks have been pureed, then you can stop there, or continue to blend to the consistency that you prefer.
Amount Per Serving Calories 211Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 14mgSodium 397mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 5g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.