This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whip up a delicious batch of BBQ meatballs within about ten minutes and only using 4 easy ingredients. I’ll bet you have all the ingredients in your pantry right now!
This recipe is so easy to make and gives a dish packed with flavor that can be easily doubled or tripled for more company.
The 4 Ingredients Needed To Make These Easy BBQ Meatballs
- Ground Beef – I like to use lean ground beef and it has a lower fat content than regular ground beef. If you’d like meatballs with less fat, use extra lean ground beef. However, keep in mind that fat is flavor, and it will also help mix with the stuffing mix to incorporate even more delicious flavor.
- Boxed Stuffing Mix – Any boxed stuffing flavor will work, be it chicken, turkey, pork, etc. I prefer to use Stove Top brand boxed stuffing, (not sponsored), but as long as the box has 6 ounces, you’re good to go.
- Eggs – These will help to bind the mixture together. I almost always buy extra large, or large eggs, but if you only have small or medium-sized eggs on hand, I recommend using 3 instead of 2.
- BBQ Sauce – Use your absolute favorite barbeque sauce for this recipe. If I don’t make my own, my favorites are Sweet Baby Rays Hickory and Brown Sugar flavor or Kraft’s Chicken and Rib.
- Garlic Powder, Salt and pepper, to taste
****EAZYTIP: Ingredients like salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oil don’t count towards the ingredient list because most people have these basic items in the pantry.
How to Make This 4 Ingredient BBQ Baked Meatballs In The Oven
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Scoop and shape into meatballs
- Roast and brush with extra sauce.
*** Please look at the bottom of this post for a printable recipe that has all the exact amounts, and specific instructions along with helpful tips and tricks to make this recipe perfect every time.
Why Are We Using Boxed Stuffing In This Recipe?
Just like my 4 Ingredient Chicken Stuffed Peppers recipe, I like to utilize boxed stuffing for a few reasons.
First, there is a huge flavor payoff in using boxed varieties of stuffing mix because typically, it comes with a lot of savory herbs and spices that I don’t have to stock in my pantry.
Second, the way the bread crumbs are packed inside the box helps keep them fresh so there’s no chance of stale flavors plus the crumbs really add some bulk to the dish so it helps to stretch your grocery dollar further.
Variations and Serving Suggestions
These easy baked BBQ meatballs go really well with almost any side dish you like, such as:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Broad Egg Noodles
- 3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese would be divine!
Leftovers and Freezing
One of the great things about this baked BBQ meatballs recipe is how well it holds up as leftovers:
- Refrigerating: If stored in an airtight container, the meatball leftovers will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
- Freezing: For longer storage, you can freeze the meatballs. As long as you store them in a freezer-friendly container or freezer bag, (being sure to remove as much oxygen as possible), they’ll stay nice for up to 3 months.
- Reheating: When ready to eat, simply reheat in the microwave from frozen for 3-5 minutes, depending on the strength of your appliance. The best practice is to let them thaw completely in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
- Easy Weeknight Dinners: For those busy nights, consider making individual servings of the meatballs and your chosen side. Store them in individual containers then freeze. On a busy evening, just pull out a portion, reheat, and enjoy a quick and easy “tv” dinner!
Questions You Might Have
Can I use frozen meatballs to make this recipe?
For sure! Look on the back of the box for instructions on how to thaw and reheat the meatballs. Bake them in the oven in a baking dish with your chosen BBQ sauce and skip the stuffing mix. Then it becomes a 2 Ingredient BBQ Meatball dinner!
Can I make this meatball recipe with ground chicken?
Absolutely. If you can, I recommend using a chicken or turkey stuffing mix specifically only because the flavors in the prepared mixture will pair absolutely perfectly with the ground chicken.
Do I prepare the stuffing mix as it says on the box for these BBQ Meatballs?
No. That’s what makes this recipe so easy. Simply add the dry stuffing mix right out of the box to the beef mixture.
The reason I love this 4 Ingredient Baked BBQ Meatballs recipe is because the meatballs turn out really flavorful! The combination of the herbs and spices from the stuffing mix, along with the BBQ sauce really make them so scrumptious. Plus, it’s a quick meal to make with minimum ingredients!
Thanks so much for stopping by Eazy Grub today and if you like this 4-ingredient BBQ Meatballs recipe, please leave a comment and a ***STAR*** rating below in the recipe card. Have a fantastic day!
- 1 box stovetop stuffing, chicken (see notes)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 375 or 350 convection.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, stuffing mix, eggs, and BBQ sauce.
- With clean hands, mix everything together until thoroughly mixed.
- With a large batter scoop, portion out the meatballs onto a parchment-lined (or well-greased) baking sheet.
- After portioning out the balls, go through with wet hands and roll the balls into a round shape. (see notes)
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes or the meatballs have reached an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove from the oven and brush extra BBQ sauce on the meatballs if you desire.
- Serve with extra bbq sauce for dipping on the side and enjoy!
Hand-rolling the meatballs after they come out of the cookie scoop helps maintain a nice round shape. My cookie scoop makes them flat on one side. If your scoop does the same thing and you don't mind the flat side, feel free to skip this step.
Rolling the balls with wet hands helps prevent the meat mixture from sticking to your hands.
Feel free to brush them with extra sauce when they come out of the oven.
If you're freezing leftover meatballs, wait until after you reheat them in the oven or air fryer and resauce them a bit more with your BBQ sauce to keep them juicy and succulent.
Amount Per Serving Calories 75Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 34mgSodium 99mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 6g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.