This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Savory chicken and broth with hints of cheddar and broccoli make this super easy 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Broccoli Cheddar soup an absolute winner. Use up your leftover chicken and the rest are pantry ingredients.
Pair with a nice crusty buttered bun and it’s a filling dinner on a chilly evening.
Why This Chicken Soup Recipe Works
- Easy: It’s only 3 simple ingredients to mix up, which takes less than 5 minutes. In fact, I’d say even 3 minutes! The crock pot does the rest of the work for you.
- Leftovers: It makes great use of small amounts of chicken you might have left over from something else the night before.
- Minimal Ingredients: I like how with just a few ingredients, this can make a super easy dinner (or even lunch) to put on the table, and yet with a few other additions, you can easily feed more people if you have to.
Ingredients You’ll Need For This Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
- Cooked shredded chicken – I used some leftover chicken breast that I had from a different recipe that I made the day before.
- Knorr Broccoli Cheddar Side Packet (Pssst… it has rice and vermicelli in it, so you’re all set!) Look below for alternatives to this item.
- Chicken broth (But hey, wanna make it a two-ingredient recipe? Swap out the broth for water!)
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Broccoli Soup The Easy Way
Well, folks, this is as easy as it sounds.
- Dump your ingredients in your crockpot.
- Stir it up and let the magic happen.
- Sit back, relax, and maybe binge-watch an episode from your favorite series? And before you know it, your kitchen will be filled with the intoxicating aroma of this wholesome soup.
EazyGrub Tip: There will be a printable recipe card below that contains all the exact amounts and instructions, along with some tips and tricks to make this recipe perfect.
Recipe Tips and Variations
Chicken: If you have no leftover chicken on hand, try using canned (and drained) chicken. It will work just fine!
Veggies: Try adding extra vegetables (frozen medleys usually work just fine) or canned beans to stretch the recipe to feed more people.
Side Packet: As for the powdered side packet, you don’t have to use the Knorr brand. (This post is not sponsored by them. I just happen to like their products). If you have a house grocery brand you prefer, by all means, go ahead and use it. It should be roughly the same weight and be sure not to use the pouches that have the ingredients moist in the pouch with a sauce. You want the packets to be dry mixes.
Spices: Experiment with adding extra spices if you like. Garlic, dried chili peppers, etc. are all great additions. Even some smoked paprika would be wonderful if you had it on hand.
Serve this soup with slices of buttered bread or crusty buns. Alternatively, serving buttered saltines for crushing into the soup is super delicious!
I have served this soup with some freshly grated parmesan on top as well as grated sharp cheddar. (Not at the same time). Both cheeses add wonderful flavor to the soup and I highly recommend adding one or the other when serving.
****Eazy Grub Note: Because this particular seasoning packet says Broccoli on the label and ingredients, it’s a very small amount in the ingredients. A really nice way to echo these flavors is to add a cup or two of frozen broccoli to the soup about a half hour before serving so it can thaw and heat through in the soup.
Will This Chicken Soup Freeze Well?
Yes. Freeze the leftovers in freezer-friendly containers with tight-fitting lids for up to 3 months. To reheat, leave to thaw overnight in the fridge, or, place into a microwave-safe bowl and reheat for 3-4 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave.
The soup will stay delicious in the fridge for up to 3 days. The only issue you might have is the pasta may absorb a bit more of the broth, making the soup thicker than it was originally. If this bothers you, simply add a half cup of broth to each serving.
Thanks so much for stopping by Eazy Grub today and if you like this 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Broccoli Cheddar soup recipe, please leave a comment and a ***STAR*** rating below in the recipe card. Have a fantastic day!
- 2 cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 Knorr Broccoli Cheddar side dish packet
- 4 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- **Optional: shredded cheedar or grated parmesan cheese.
- Place the cooked chicken in the slow cooker bowl.
- Sprinkle the broccoli cheddar mix over the chicken.
- Add the chicken broth and mix well.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6.
Periodically, check on the noodles/rice to see if they are done. All slow cookers can cook at slightly different temperatures so it's a good idea to keep an eye on it from time to time.
Feel free to add extra veggies (frozen medley veggies are perfect for this soup) or a few cans of beans to stretch the meal.
Serve with crusty fresh bread or buttered buns.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 187Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 53mgSodium 188mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 16g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.