Quick and Creamy 4 Ingredient Guacamole
This 4 Ingredient Guacamole recipe is creamy with a delicious freshness from the avocadoes, and it’s so simple to make, that you and your friends will love this snack for every party, any sports day on tv, or even just a great appetizer for a Saturday night movie night!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What we’re loving about this Four Ingredient Guacamole
Well, hands down, it has to be the easiest, most flavorful, and of course, easy to avocado appetizer ever.
The recipe itself is super versatile, and I’ll show you further in the post, all the things you can do with the guacamole to switch it up!
Plus, you can be devouring it in less than ten minutes! Bonus!
- Salsa, chunky
- Lime juice
- Garlic powder OR minced garlic (optional)
How to make 4 Ingredient Avocado Guacamole
- Peel and mash the avocados
- Add the lime juice and salt.
- Add the salsa and garlic (if using)
**Look below to the recipe card for measured amounts, directions, and more details.
If you’re not sure how to pick a ripe avocado, there’s a great tutorial here on how to pick the perfect one. Also, this guide shows you how to open an avocado the easy way.
There’s nothing wrong with storebought salsa but if you’re eager to make your own, Cooking Classy has an Easy homemade salsa recipe to check out.
If you’re looking for another fun game day snack to serve alongside the guacamole recipe, check out this amazing and easy 3 Ingredient Chili recipe as well as this Chili Cheese Toast recipe that’s also only 3 ingredients!
Ideas for Guacamole Garnishes
It’s perfectly fine to leave it as is and serve it with crunchy tortilla chips and fresh vegetable sticks. But if you’d like to make it look a little fancy, try sprinkling crumbled feta or Cotija cheese. Also, a dusting of crumbled bacon would be delish, if you have it on hand.
A handful of toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) sprinkled over top or, something unique could be a few tablespoons of crushed chili-lime flavored peanuts would also add another textural crunch. The options are endless really.
Variations for this Easy Guacamole Recipe
Taking this 4 ingredient guacamole recipe up a few notches is simple by adding a few other ingredients. Adding fresh cilantro gives it a really nice fresh element and a bit more of an authentic flavor.
Also, try kicking it up a tad by adding diced jalapenos, a few drops of hot sauce, or dried chili flakes, depending on your spice tolerance. If you like the flavor of Worcestershire sauce, that’s always a nice addition to making a quick and unique guacamole dip.
And if you don’t have salsa on hand, incorporating diced fresh tomatoes (remember to remove the seeds), and some finely diced red onion is the perfect replacement!
Storing leftover guacamole dip is easy. Place it into the container you want to store it in and if you have it, squeeze a bit more lime juice over the top.
The lime juice will help keep the guacamole from turning a wonky brownish color. It’s still totally fine to eat it if does turn color, it’s just the oxygen oxidizing the avocado, making it turn a funky color. No big deal and it’s still delicious!
You can also freeze leftover guacamole in a freezer-friendly container, for up to 3 months! On thawing, it might look a bit unappealing, but give it a stir-up when it’s thawed and you’re back in business.
What Can I Do With Leftover Guacamole?
If the party is over and you have extra guac, there are a few super delicious things you might want to try so you don’t waste it.
- Use it as a spread on sandwiches. The richness of the guacamole and the tang from the salsa and lime really go a long way in enhancing almost any sandwich. Think BTG… Bacon, Tomato, and Guacamole, toasted. YES PLEASE!
- Make guacamole toast. This is one of the best breakfasts to start your day with! Grab an egg or two and spread the guacamole on the bottom. Scramble the eggs and place them on top. Yum!
- Deviled Eggs: Hard boil a few eggs, then cool and peel. Mix a few of the yolks into guacamole and then fill the egg white. Top with a bit of paprika and you’re off to races!
- Salad Dressing: Thin it down a tad with a bit of avocado oil and vinegar and drizzle it over your favorite veggie salad. Wholy cow it’s delicious!
Did you make this delicious guacamole recipe? We’d love to hear from you below in the comments!
4 Ingredient Guacamole
This 4 Ingredient Guacamole is super and deliciously easy to make when friends come over for the big game!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- PANTRY INGREDIENTS:
- Salt to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or use garlic powder) *Optional
- GARNISH INGREDIENTS (optional)
- Cilantro and Cotija cheese, bacon, pepitas, chili lime peanuts (crushed).
- Peel and remove the seed on the avocados.
- Place into a bowl and mash them thoroughly. *see notes
- Add the salsa, garlic, and lime juice. Mix well.
- Season with salt (1/2 tsp if you're not sure.)
- Chill for an hour, covered with plastic wrap. Serve and enjoy!
If you prefer a chunkier guacamole, don't mash the avocadoes thoroughly, leave them a bit chunky for texture.
Also, the chunky salsa will help keep the guacamole chunkier if that's what you prefer.
Use extra lime juice squeezed on top to keep the guacamole from oxidizing in color.
Check the body of the post for alternative ideas for serving the guacamole.
Serving Size1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 264Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 18mgSodium 438mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 5gSugar 2gProtein 12g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I LOVE guacamole and have never added salsa to the ingredients before. This is definitely happening at our house this weekend. Thanks for the easy recipe!
Thanks so much Marie! It’s a crazy easy snack that’s super easy to make. Awesome to kick back and watch movies, or have for game day!