3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Toast
Zesty chili on top of deliciously toasted and buttery garlic bread with heaps of ooey-gooey cheese is what this 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Toast is all about.
This quick recipe is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, light lunch, and it’s IDEAL for those game-day snacks to feed a bunch at a time!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chili Cheese Toast Recipe
A three-ingredient recipe means super easy, right? But a quick and simple dish doesn’t have to be plain and boring. I love minimal ingredient, easy recipes like my 3 Ingredient Sausage and 15 Bean Soup, or my 4 Ingredient Meatloaf because they’re easy, quick, and totally delicious!
I like using ‘helper’ ingredients – ones that come to you pre-seasoned or pre-assembled so that you can skip a few steps or doctor them up to make them absolutely perfect for you.
These recipes are usually so versatile as well. For instance, one convenient thing about this Chili Cheese Toast recipe is that you can make it in a toaster, grill, or in the oven.
Why We Love This Chili and Cheese Toast Recipe
- You only need three easy-to-find ingredients.
- Every bite is a good source of protein and fiber with beef, beans, and cheese.
- It is inexpensive to make and can be prepped in under 10 minutes.
- It’s filling, and perfect for game day crowds!
- Even kids will love it because of its delicious melty cheese and buttery toast.
- 1 can beef chili 15 oz. (I also have a recipe on the blog for 3 ingredient chili if you want to make your own).
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella 12 ounces
- 1 large loaf prepared garlic bread in the foil
- Salt and Pepper
EAZYTIP: Remember, ingredients like salt, pepper, garlic powder, sugar, and oil don’t count towards the ingredient list because most people have these items in the pantry.
How to make Cheesy Chili Toast
To enjoy this simple chili toast with the awesome flavors of garlic, butter, and gooey cheese, just follow these easy steps:
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Separate the garlic bread loaf into two halves and cut it into triangles. (see the recipe link below if your bread loaf is cut differently)
- Spoon the chili on the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheese.
- Bake it until golden.
I don’t really think leftovers will do well as they sit in the fridge only because the liquids from the chili will absorb into the bread and could make it soggy. If there are leftovers that haven’t been assembled yet, then go ahead and store them in the fridge for up to 3-4 days and assemble the chili toast fresh, then roast as usual in the oven.
If you have extra chili leftover, try making this scrumptious 3 Ingredient Chili Stuffed Peppers recipe on another night, but a super quick weeknight dinner.
How can I make this vegetarian?
There are a number of canned vegetarian chili on the market, but you can use ground beef crumbles and sloppy joe sauce with a can of beans mixed together to make this recipe vegetarian.
EAZY TIP: Use a good melting vegetarian cheese if you want that delicious ooey-gooeyness on top of the toast with chili.
How Can I Feed More People with this Chili Toast Recipe?
Buy another loaf of garlic bread. Adding other ingredients into the chili, such as mushrooms, extra beans, sauteed onions, celery, etc, will help bulk up the chili, and then you can spread it onto more pieces of garlic bread.
Ways To Level Up This Chili and Cheese Toast recipe
There are a lot of different ways to add extra flavor to this easy chili recipe, although I admit it’s pretty awesome as is.
- Dried chili flakes or chipotle peppers to the chili to seriously level up the heat factor.
- Add different beans into the mix for flavor and textural contrasts.
- Mix up the cheese! Adding other cheeses like sharp cheddar, provolone, or an Italian mix would be fantastic.
- If you had the time, caramelize some onions and lay them in between the top of the chili and under the sprinkled cheese – DELISH!!
What To Serve This Chili Toast With
You can use sides like Buttery Garlic Ranch Pretzels, potato chips, a green salad, Dill Pickle Macaroni Salad or Spiced Corn chips.
Super easy, right?
Thank you so much for checking out this 3 Ingredient Chili and Cheese Toast Recipe here at EazyGrub!
If you’ve already tried this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment below. We’d love to hear your feedback!
3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Toast
Cheesy, buttery, with zesty chili, this 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Toast will fill those hungry tummies. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or game day munchies, this dish will not disappoint!
- 1 can Chili (15 oz)
- 12 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large garlic bread loaf that comes in the foil
- Optional: Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Separate the garlic bread loaf into two halves. Cut each half into four pieces, cut on the diagonal for a pretty presentation. (see notes below if your bread loaf is cut into slices)
- Dollop a few tablespoons of the chili on top of the bread, distributing it evenly over all the pieces. Add salt and pepper if you prefer.
- Divide and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until everything is heated through, and the cheese is melted on top.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
If the garlic loaf you buy is cut into slices, then simply treat the slices as you would the triangle slices in the directions above. You might use less chili and cheese per slice as they are typically smaller in surface area than the triangles from the loaf.
Serving Size1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 217Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 46mgSodium 579mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 14g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.