This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This sweet treat is easy to make and perfect for the holiday season. Do you love white chocolate? If so, this White Chocolate Christmas crack will fit the bill!
Easy to make, delicious to eat, and it makes wonderful edible Christmas gifts! The best thing about this particular recipe is that it’s a small batch recipe, so you don’t have to make an entire baking sheet pan full!
Why You’ll Love This White Chocolate Christmas Crack
This holiday treat is great because it is easy to make. The name comes from the fact that you use crackers as the base of your candy and along with the other ingredients, it’s relatively cheap to make, especially this recipe because it’s a small batch recipe so you’re not making enough to last till next summer.
Crushed candy canes bring in a holiday nostalgia that brings back memories of Christmas past!
- Saltine crackers
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- White chocolate chips
- Crushed candy canes
How to Make White Chocolate Christmas Crack
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Lay your crackers out in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt your butter and sugar together over medium heat simmering for about 5 minutes while you stir constantly.
- Pour the butter/sugar mixture overtop the crackers.
- Place your baking pan in the oven for 5 minutes and remove.
- Sprinkle your white chocolate chips over your crackers on top of the hot toffee.
- After most of the chocolate chips have melted, use a spoon to smooth them out before topping them with crushed candy canes and chilling.
The complete printable recipe with exact amounts and detailed instructions will be at the bottom of this post.
Suggestions for Putting a Twist on It
This recipe is easy to customize.
The cream crackers are less salty and more sweet when compared to saltines. But if you use saltine crackers, then the base will have a nice salty/sweet contrast. However, if you want a saltier AND buttery flavor, try swapping out the saltines for some Ritz crackers.
If you want the base to be sweeter, swap out the cream crackers for graham crackers. An extra added touch would be to use cinnamon graham crackers to give a wonderful festive flavor.
We use crushed candy canes to decorate and add flavor to this white chocolate Christmas crack but you can use any candy you want or even just some simple sprinkles can make for a fun decoration.
Want a more peppermint bark-like flavor? Add a layer of dark chocolate under the white chocolate. You can swap out the white chocolate for Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and even melted Andes mints for a twist that is sure to please.
Want a protein boost? Add some crushed nuts. Want to add a sweet touch? Dried cranberries would make a great holiday flavor to customize your white chocolate Christmas crack, though this would be amazing with a milk or dark chocolate version.
What Can I Serve this With?
This festive candy cane treat can make a great addition to your Christmas cookie exchange, you can easily serve this on a tray with your favorite Christmas cookies including these adorable 5 Ingredient Reindeer Cookies and this simple 3 Ingredient Moose Poop Cookie recipe.
This white chocolate Christmas crack makes a great option for serving with hot cocoa, tea, or coffee. You can keep some on hand for serving to unexpected guests around the holidays or whip up a batch with leftover candy canes after Christmas to serve to guests in the new year.
For the best results store this by keeping it in an air-tight container. This will keep moisture in the air from making your crackers soggy. Try to use it up within a few days. If you are making it well ahead of the holidays you can freeze this after wrapping it well with parchment paper and keeping it in a freezer-friendly air-tight container to prevent air from reaching it.
Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a comment and star rating in the recipe card below!
Have a wonderful day and I’ll see you next time!
- 8 cream or saltine crackers
- 2 ounce unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3-4 crushed candy canes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In an 8 x 8-inch baking pan, line with parchment paper.
3. On top of the parchment paper, arrange the crackers evenly.
4. Melt the brown sugar and butter over medium heat in a
saucepan. Let it simmer for five minutes and stir frequently.
5. Pour the mixture over the crackers evenly.
6. Bake the baking pan in an oven for five minutes.
7. Remove the pan and scatter the chocolate chips evenly. Let them sit a few minutes and the residual heat will melt the chips. Spread evenly over the cracker mixture.
8. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top of the white chocolate.
9. Next, refrigerate these crackers until completely cooled. Remove them from the fridge and break into smaller pieces.
Be extremely careful when handling the butter/sugar mixture at each step. It's extremely hot!
If the white chocolate chips don't fully soften enough, place the pan in the oven and let the residual heat from the oven finish melting the chips.
This recipe can easily be doubled by doubling the amounts and using a bigger sheet pan.
Amount Per Serving Calories 192Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 35mgSodium 21mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 1g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.