This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These 2 Ingredient Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups are like a two-dessert combination. You have the delicious flavor of a cinnamon bun along with the flavors of apple pie! What would be better?
Just like my 2 Ingredient Lemon Bars, these mini apple pie desserts look like you put more work into the dessert than you actually did. They come together easily and make a super cute dessert or snack with a yummy cup of coffee.
What’s to Love about these Cinnamon Roll Apple Pies?
- My number one love about this recipe is that it takes only two simple ingredients that are readily found at any grocery store.
- They’re quick to make, and you can oven-ready in 10 minutes.
- This recipe would be perfect for little hands to help.
- One tube of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with the icing included (grocery store brand works as well)
- One can of apple pie filling
EAZYTIP: Remember, ingredient items like salt, pepper, garlic powder, sugar, and oil don’t count towards the ingredient list because most people have these items in the pantry.
How to Make this 2 Ingredient Apple Pie Dessert
- Begin a recipe by preheating your oven.
- Open the can of rolls and set the icing aside for now. Separate the rolls.
- Flatten the cinnamon roll dough with a rolling pin and fit each one into the muffin pan wells, bringing the dough up the sides of the muffin cup to form the cinnamon roll crust part of this dessert.
- Open the can of apple pie filling and prepare it for filling the cups.
- Evenly divide the filling amongst the 8 cups.
For a complete guide to ingredient amounts and directions, look below at the bottom of this post for a printable recipe card.
Ideas to Level Up this Cinnamon Roll Apple Dessert
Add some chopped pecans over the top of each filled pie cup. Both apple pie and cinnamon buns go very well with chopped nuts, specifically pecans.
If you wanted to switch up the glaze that goes over the top, melt a quarter cup of cream cheese frosting and drizzle some over the top of the cups. You could also drizzle some caramel sauce over the top as well.
How to Serve this Super Cute Little Dessert
I recommend serving it just as they are along with coffee or tea. If you want to add more to the dessert, serve in a bowl, warmed, with a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream over the top.
If you don’t have cool whip on hand, you can always sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over the top of these adorable little dessert cups!
I highly doubt you’ll have leftovers because these sweet desserts are so easy to eat. But if you do, simply with plastic wrap or in an airtight container, and store it in the fridge for up to a week.
Another option would be to put it into freezer-friendly containers and freeze each portion for up to a month.
Thaw at room temperature for about an hour and then proceed with putting the whipped cream on top or any other garnishes you’d like.
Eazy Answers to your Questions:
Yes, you can but it’s important to remember that it should be a pie filling and not a loose fruit filling. The pie filling has thickeners in it to keep it from leaking out of the dessert cup.
If you’ve already made this recipe, please leave a review below letting me know what you think of it! Thanks for stopping by today!
- 1 can of Pilsbury Cinnamon Rolls (with the icing included)
- 1 can Apple Pie Filling, 12 ounces
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Open the roll of cinnamon rolls and set the icing aside. Grease a muffin tin.
- Separate the rolls and roll them flat, large enough to fill the muffin tin on the bottom and the sides.
- Open the can of apple pie filling. Transfer to a bowl and with a knife, carefully chop the apples in the pie filling into smaller pieces.
- Evenly divide the pie filling into each of the cinnamon roll rounds in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Remove the top of the icing container and heat in the microwave for 5 seconds to make it pourable. Careful, it's very hot!
- Using a small spoon, drizzle the icing over the tops of the pie cups.
- Serve with whipped topping or as is! Enjoy!
It's a good idea to chop the apple slices into smaller bits so they fit the pie cups better. If you leave them as is, some of the apple slices are too big for the cups and they stick out of the cup.
You can drizzle the icing shortly after they come out of the oven, but I find the icing melts and doesn't look as nice or stay in place. That's why I recommend cooling the apple pie cups before serving. Plus, the apple pie filling is VERY hot when it comes out of the oven!
Amount Per Serving Calories 76Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 105mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 1g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.