This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you love the flavor of rich eggnog? This easy 5 Ingredient No Bake Eggnog Pie has everything you love in the flavors of eggnog. A buttery graham crust holds the rich custard-like nog filling with all those warm spices. Topped with whipped cream and a nutmeg sprinkle that lets those eggnog flavors shine.
From Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve this is sure to be your new go-to holiday pie. Best of all?? Making it is easy as… pie 🙂
Why You’ll Love Eggnog Pie Recipe
This egg nog pie is packed with flavor and will stick out from the crowd at your holiday gatherings while being incredibly easy to put together.
- It’s five easy ingredients to locate at your local grocers
- It won’t take up valuable oven space while you’re cooking the rest of your holiday meal
- The unique, creamy flavor lends itself well throughout the holiday season from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve.
Groceries Needed for the Creamy Pie
- Premade graham crust – These crusts are one of the simplest crusts to have in your pantry. They’re handy when whipping up a dessert, but if you want to make your own, Dorothy from Crazy for Crust has a delicious homemade graham crust recipe!
- Cool Whip – Unless you are serving the dish right away, I recommend using Cool Whip as it holds up longer than homemade. Not sure how to make homemade whipped cream? Check out Laura’s recipe from JoyFoodSunshine.
- Instant vanilla pudding mix – Be sure you buy INSTANT and not COOKED pudding mix.
- Eggnog – Classic is the one I like to buy for this recipe. It’s thicker and has those traditional Eggnog flavors that we all love.
- Vanilla Extract
- Nutmeg (optional)
How to Make
Start by preparing your crust by following the directions on the package. This may include some baking but not all require this step. Allow it to fully cool before carrying on.
Make the pudding by adding the vanilla and the eggnog in place of the milk that’s usually required for instant pudding. This is where a lot of the eggnog flavors come from so it’s important to use the brand you prefer.
Eazy Tip: It’s a great idea to chill the eggnog along with the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before you begin. This makes the filling come together much easier!
After the pudding has thickened you can then fold in the whipped topping. This will bring the volume to the filling for the pie and give it a beautiful airy and yet still creamy texture.
Eazy Tip: FOLDING the cream into the pudding involves a slow, cutting and scooping motion, being careful to scrape the bottom of the bowl and bring it upwards, so you don’t knock the air out of the cream. For more details check out this folding tutorial to see how easy it is!
Pour your pie filling mixture into your pie crust.
Chill your pie until set.
When you are ready to serve your pie, top it with the remaining cool whip and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg to make your pie stand out.
If you would like to make cutting the perfect slices of pie try freezing your pie for 20-30 minutes before you cut it. Frozen slices will cut smoothly and not spread for the perfect pie slice every time.
Suggestions for Putting a Twist on It
This egg nog pie recipe is great for customizing and making it your own.
- Try using a gingersnap cookie crust instead of a graham wafer crust for an even bigger holiday dessert statement.
- Alternatively, try using a ready-to-bake dough pie crust. Simply bake it and let it cool beforehand, just like the graham wafer crust.
- If you don’t have nutmeg you can still accent those flavors by adding some garnish by sprinkling on some ground cinnamon or ground cinnamon mixed with a little sugar.
- Change the flavors by changing out the pudding you use. A butterscotch pudding would be very interesting or try to sweeten the mood with a chocolate eggnog pie.
Eggnog Pie with Rum
- If you will be serving this at an adult party you can mix in some alcohol to your pie filling while you fold in the cool whip. Try adding cutting back on 1/4 cup of eggnog and replace it with spiced rum instead.
- Don’t want the alcohol? Try adding a teaspoon of rum extract for the same flavors.
What Can I Serve this With?
This makes a great addition to your holiday dessert table or can even make a fun treat for a night in. When I made this recipe, I gave extras to my Mom and she loved it. It was perfect for her to enjoy for a few nights in a row after her dinner.
Also, try adding this eggnog pie to your holiday menu or bring it to New Year’s parties. This would be a great addition to hot cocoa or homemade eggnog.
For the best flavor results, you can make this pie a day or two ahead. Follow all the steps up to filling the pie crust. Then pop in the freezer and remove about 45 minutes before serving. Slice, plate, and then dollop with the whipped cream and nutmeg if using.
Storing Leftover Eggnog Pie.
Storing this is as easy as storing any other pudding pie! You will want to store your leftovers in the refrigerator well-covered. If you would like to store slices to enjoy one at a time in your freezer wrapped very well, for up to a month.
To thaw, leave at room temperature for 45 minutes, or overnight in the fridge.
- 2 cups Eggnog, chilled.
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (4 0z)
- 1 Graham wafer crust, prepared
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkle of ground nutmeg (optional)
- Bake the graham crust according to the manufacturer's directions. You can do this a day ahead to let it completely cool. Note: some premade crusts don't require baking, so it will depend on the brand you purchase.
- Combine the eggnog, vanilla, and instant pudding together. Whisk until it thickens.
- Add HALF the tub of cool whip. FOLD the whipped topping into the pudding being careful not to knock the volume out of the cream.
- Pour the eggnog mixture into the cooled crust. Chill for at least 2 hours to set up.
- Spread the remaining whipped topping onto the top of the pie. Sprinkle a light layer of nutmeg over the top if using.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you will be serving this at an adult party you can mix in some alcohol to your pie filling while you fold in the cool whip. Try adding cutting back on 1/4 cup of eggnog and replace it with spiced rum instead.
Don't want the alcohol? Try adding a teaspoon of rum extract for the same flavors.
If you would like to make cutting the perfect slices of pie try freezing your pie for 20-30 minutes with the whipped topping on top, before you cut it. Frozen slices will cut smoothly and not spread for the perfect pie slice every time.
Amount Per Serving Calories 117Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 50mgSodium 78mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 4g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.