This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy 2 ingredient ranch dip is the perfect creamy and healthy condiment to make for your house parties or serve with your appetizers and snacks.
This versatile dip can also double up as a salad dressing or be served as a dip with your veggie sticks.
The best part? It is so unbelievably easy to make, and yet, so rich, flavorful, and delicious.
I recently published a delicious Copycat Mac Sauce recipe too, but this simple ranch dip has to be my absolute favorite.
Ingredients For the 2 Ingredient Ranch Dip Recipe
Greek yogurt: Unflavored, unsweetened Greek yogurt forms the base for this ranch dip.
Ranch mix: You’ll need to use dry ranch mix to add that kick of tangy, herby ranch flavor.
Garnishes: Items you’ll want to serve with the dip. Carrot, celery, sweet peppers sticks along with crackers, etc.
How to Make 2 Ingredient Ranch Dip
- Transfer the yogurt to a mixing bowl
- Add in the ranch mix and whisk together until well combined
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes
- Team up with your favorite snacks and enjoy
How to Serve the Ranch Dip
- My absolute favorite way to serve this 2 ingredient ranch dip is to team it up with some fresh veggie sticks. It can be a great healthy platter to enjoy with the kids too!
- You can also thin out the dip by whisking it with some water or milk and use it as a salad dressing.
- This homemade ranch dip can be the perfect teammate to your crackers, buffalo chicken, pizzas, sandwiches, nachos, toasted pita bread and other snacks and party foods.
- This creamy dip can also double up as a spread for your sandwiches and wraps.
Tips & Variations for this Ranch Dip Recipe
- For a richer flavor, substitute half, or all the yogurt for sour cream.
- To make the ranch dip more protein-rich and even more healthy, you can swap the Greek yogurt for some whipped cottage cheese instead.
- To get a thinner texture, you might need to add a splash of water or milk too.
- Remember to use full-fat Greek yogurt (or cottage cheese) to make the ranch dip. It will lend the dip the perfect richness and creaminess you’re looking for.
- You can also try this recipe with regular yogurt. Just make sure you strain off all the excess water before you use it for the recipe.
- To add some more fun flavors and oomph to the dip, you can add finely chopped herbs like dill and basil into the mix.
- You can add some lemon zest to the dip for a bit of tanginess.
- To turn this into a buffalo ranch dip, you can mix a spoonful or two of buffalo sauce in.
- You can chop up some jalapenos or olives (or both) and add them to the ranch dip.
It truly is the most versatile dip I’ve ever made- right next to my 3 ingredient pumpkin fluff!
Storage Ideas & Suggestions
This 2 ingredient ranch dip can be stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Just remember to use a clean glass container to store it, and always have the lid on to keep the dip from drying out.
Questions You Might Have
How far in advance can I make this ranch dip?
I would make it no further than two days in advance. Yogurt can sometimes separate a little of the moisture out of the mix so while the seasonings can benefit from melding together for a while, the extra liquid that rests on the top may have to be stirred back in before serving.
Can I freeze this dip?
I don’t recommend it. I’ve never froze it, but I don’t feel that the texture would be as nice as when it is made fresh.
Did you make this creamy homemade ranch recipe? I’d love to hear what you thought about it by leaving a comment and a star rating below! If you want to ask me questions about the recipe directly, please feel free to send me an email to [email protected]. Have a fantastic day!
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt, full fat
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning, powdered
- Sprinkle the powdered ranch over top of the green yogurt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix the seasonings into the yogurt well.
- Cover and refrigerate the dip for at least 30 minutes to allow all the flavors to meld together.
- Transfer the dip into a serving bowl and add the dipping items around the bowl of dip.
If you want a richer ranch flavor, use less yogurt or add more ranch seasoning. For a milder and creamier flavor, increase the amount of sour cream.
You can add different ingredients to give your ranch dressing personality, such as crushed garlic, cayenne pepper for spiciness, fresh herbs, bacon, cheddar cheese or lemon juice for extra flavor.
You can use non-fat Greek yogurt to make this sauce healthier, or dairy-free or vegan alternatives for a plant-based version.
This dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a couple days. Just stir it up before serving so the flavors mix well.
Amount Per Serving Calories 12Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 98mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 2g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.