This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can’t ask for anything easier for a sweet dessert to make than these 3 Ingredient Mini Egg Brownies. Adorable with the Cadbury mini eggs in a decadent bed of gooey, chocolatey brownies.
It’s seriously a match made in heaven, and it only takes three ingredients to make them!
What’s To Love About This Easter Brownie Recipe
- Again, these delicious chocolate brownies are insanely easy to make. They’re a great project for the little ones to help. They’ll love sprinkling in the mini eggs!
- The recipe is so easily adaptable, like my 4 Ingredient Nutter Butter Candy Bark recipe. The base idea is the same, and it’s a simple twist in toppings that make the recipe new and fun for the holiday.
- Because of the minimal amount of ingredients required, we can make these even on a tight budget.
Boxed Brownie Mix – I used a box of brownie mix that only required eggs, oil, and water to make. Depending on the brownie mix you use, you might need more or less ingredients than I needed to make these.
Mini Easter Eggs – The brand I used was Cadbury Mini Eggs, but feel free to use whatever brand you have available to you.
Eggs – You’ll need these for the cake mix requirement, usually.
Oil & Water – Two items that are required for the brownie mix.
**EAZYTIP: Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, and Oil are not counted in the ingredient list because most home kitchens have these ingredients in their cupboards.
How To Make These Brownies For Easter
- Always remember to preheat the oven and line a baking dish with parchment paper, or grease the pan generously.
- Mix the brownie batter in a bowl, according to the directions.
- Stir some of the mini eggs into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Top the batter with the remaining mini chocolate eggs
- Bake per package directions
- Cool completely
- Slice and serve
NOTE: A printable recipe card with exact amounts, directions, tips, and hints is at the bottom of this post.
Ideas For Putting A Twist On This Recipe
There are some great ways for putting a twist on these 3 Ingredient Mini Egg Brownies to make it totally your own.
Nuts: Add some chopped nuts for a deeper nutty and chocolatey flavor. Pecans and walnuts would be a great addition and they would help with cutting some of the sweet flavors in the brownies if you wanted to tone that down.
Candy: No mini eggs? Not a problem. Use Easter Smarties, chopped up Peeps would be fun, and maybe try some easter themed jelly beans!
Frosting: If you didn’t want to add as many mini eggs as called for in the recipe, try using half the amount and then drizzle some prepared frosting over top the brownies when they have been baked and cooled from the oven.
Change the Shape: For some added fun, try greasing a mini muffin tin and baking the brownies in that! That way, all sides are the ‘crunchy’ side, and they’re in an adorable round egg shape.
How To Serve Easter Egg Brownies
Honestly, my favorite way is with an ice-cold glass of milk!
If you’re looking to serve company or bring them to a party, arranged on a pretty dessert plate is fantastic on any dessert table.
Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. You can also freeze these chocolate brownies. Cut them into servable squares and separate them with parchment paper in a freezer-safe container. This way you can take single servings (or as many servings as you like) without having to thaw the entire container.
To thaw the frozen brownies, leave them in the fridge overnight or on the counter with the lid removed for a few hours at room temperature.
Not a problem. You can use Smarties or MnMs as a substitute.
You could make the entire recipe and freeze it ahead of time, then thaw and serve. I wouldn’t make the batter up and keep it in the fridge and THEN make the brownies. You want to work with freshly made batter for these chocolatey brownies.
Did you make this 3 Ingredient Mini Egg Brownie recipe? I’d love to hear what you thought about it by leaving a comment and a star rating below!
If you wish to ask me questions about the recipe directly, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]. Have a fantastic day!
- 1 box Brownie Mix - (2 Eggs, 1/2 cup Oil, 3 Tablespoons water (see notes))
- 2 cups of Chocolate Mini Easter Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a 9x9 baking dish by generously greasing it or lining it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil. Mix well.
- Add half of the mini eggs. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Level out.
- Sprinkle the remaining mini eggs over top of the brownie mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the oven and let cool.
The eggs, oil, and water are ingredients called for on the box. Do not add an EXTRA amount of these ingredients.
Amount Per Serving Calories 124Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 16mgSodium 26mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 2g
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.